The Jewish Coordination Committee (JCC) was formed to coordinate the Jewish community throughout the difficulties. The chairman was L.E. Visser, Esq. The commission offered legal and tax-related advice, organized cultural activities and provided financial assistance as needed.
The JCC refused to deal directly with the Nazis, arguing that such contact should be mediated by the Dutch government. The Jewish Council, which did maintain direct contact with the Nazis, was designated as the sole institution representing the Jews as soon as it was formed. The JCC was excluded.
In 1945 a new JCC was established, although this body was unrelated to the original JCC. The new JCC provided relief to Jews returning from the camps. The activities started in Eindhoven, but their centre was soon transferred to Amsterdam.