The Rudelsheimstichting, which opened in 1919, was dedicated to teaching mentally handicapped children skills enabling them to lead relatively independent lives. In the middle of the forests near Hilversum the foundation purchased a stately mansion and surrounding grounds and called it Beth Azarja. In 1930 a second building was constructed on the site, and the number of children rose to 75. In April 1942 the Wehrmacht confiscated the Rudelsheimstichting premises and opened its new headquarters there. The children were transferred to other accommodations in Hilversum. On 7 April 1943 all children were deported to the concentration camps in Eastern Europe.
Institution for mentally retarded Jewish children.